Prep 20 min | Cook 3 min → Serves 2
- 100g of peeled beans (which equates to around 600g of broad beans picked from the Rectory Farm fields or 230g of the beans still in the shell!)
- 75g feta cheese
- 4 mint leaves
- ½ tsp lemon
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Zest of ¼ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Open up the broad bean pods. Place the beans in one bowl and the pods in a separate bowl.
- Boil some water and pop the beans into the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes before draining and washing with cold water.
- Peel the green part of the bean out of the shell and place into a bowl or blender.
- Once all the beans have been peeled and placed into the bowl, add the feta, lemon juice, oil, mint, honey and lemon zest.
- Blend all the ingredients together into a smooth paste and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Broad Bean Pod Fritters
Prep 10 min | Cook 10 min
Here’s a great way to use up those pods!
- The pods from your broad beans
- Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Chilli flakes
- Cooking oil
- Pour your cooking oil into a frying pan till it’s an inch deep and turn onto a medium heat. This is to shallow fry the fritters.
- Mix together the flour and seasonings in a bowl.
- Add the milk into a separate bowl.
- Place a broad bean pod into flour, then milk, then flour again until well coated.
- Repeat with as many pods as you would like.
- Add the coated pods into the hot oil being careful that you don’t burn yourself.
- Cook until they become golden brown.